| NAME: COOPER’S
CLIMATE: Snow in winter
BEST TIME TO VISIT: Spring summer or fall
REMAINS: Today Cooper’s Falls is a ghost town with a population of 14. The general store and the abandoned blacksmith shop still stand along with a few empty cabins once called home.
| Drawn by the waterpower of one
of the falls, Thomas Cooper in 1863built the area’s first sawmill
and in 1878opened its first post office with the name Cooper’s Falls.
The village soon added a general store, blacksmith and cheese factory. A
school was built in 1874 followed by two churches. When the lumber diminished
the lumber mill closed. In time it was followed by the blacksmith shop,
the school, the general store, and one of the churches.