to the west again. A rather dainty name for a coal mining town but it
was the name chosen by a Logan M. Gullitt who platted it and named it
after a sweetheart in a Delaware town of that name. That was in 1886.
The Northern Pacific Railroad owned the property and needed the coal for
its steam locomotives. The company set about hiring miners for the mines
and the first train load consisted mostly of immigrants from Italy, Austria
and Slavic countries.