NAME: Glass River
COUNTY: Shiawassee
CLIMATE: snow in winter, hot in summer
BEST TIME TO VISIT: spring-fall
COMMENTS: located about 7 miles Southeast of Morrice. Take Britton Road East turn right on State Rd. Take State rd about 1 1/2 miles South and turn left on the first dirt rd (Ellsworth).
REMAINS: Old Glass River General Store, Glass River Cemetery
Glass River was located in Antrim Twp. on Ellsworth Rd. The Post Office was opened in the home of the first postmaster, John Sears on May 1, 1851 and was named Antrim after the township. It was renamed Glass River on March 17, 1868, after the Looking Glass River which runs the length of the township. The Post Office closed on Sept. 13, 1888 and all that remains is the old General Store Building and the Cemetary Submitted by: Mike Steele