CLIMATE: Cool winter and summer.
BEST TIME TO VISIT: Anytime.
Look for the church and store
REMAINS: Many ruins.
|Named after town's boarding house owner and operator, Harry Kendall, the town began to come alive about 1899 with the discovery of the Goggle Eye mine. Kendall bought into a mine just getting started. Investing additional funds for equipment gave Kendall controlling interest. As the mine began to produce more and more ore, more and more money was needed for more and more equipment. Kendall went to Spokane to interest some mining promoters to buy his interest for $450,000 plus 10% of all future profits. They did and Mr. Kendall went back to managing his boarding house. Most of that which is left for the visitor to see are the stone ruins of the First Presbyterian Church, the department store and a few others. Submitted by Henry Chenowith.