ARROWHEAD

NAME: Arrowhead
COUNTY: Nye
ROADS: 2WD
GRID: 1
CLIMATE: Hot summer, cool winter.
BEST TIME TO VISIT: Anytime.
COMMENTS: Blacksmith shop is left.
REMAINS: Rubble. 

The Arrowhead district existed from August 1919 when prospectors discovered substantial silver deposits in the Reveille range to 1928 when operations ceased. During this period of time there were many, many mining companies in and out of Arrowhead none of which enjoyed more than limited success and others none at all. The post office closed in September 4, 1924 and the town was completely abandoned shortly after the post office closed. The only building remaining is the blacksmith shop. Concrete foundations and some rubble are the only other remains that mark the site. Submitted by: HBC

 


 BACK