| NAME: Manse Ranch
CLIMATE: Hot summer, cool winter.
BEST TIME TO VISIT: Anytime.
| COMMENTS: Ranch town
Manse Ranch, also known as Yount’s Ranch, was the only stopping place for prospectors traveling from Las Vegas to mining camps in the west. By the beginning of the 1890s the ranch included a large house as well as storerooms, corrals, stables, and barns. A post office opened at the ranch in July 15, 1891 to serve all of Pahrump Valley. Regular stages from Ivanpah to Bullfrog stopped at Manse Ranch for water and food. The population of Manse Ranch and the immediate area stood at fifty in 1911. The post office closed on March 31,1914 but the ranch continued to function. The stage lines stopped running in the teens and the ranch became solely and agricultural enterprise. The ranch is still in use and has been incorporated into a dairy farm established more recently adjacent to the old Manse Ranch.
Submitted by: Shawn Hall from his book Preserving The Glory Days: Ghost Towns And Mining Camps Of Nye County, Nevada Click here to purchase his book!